Jun 10, 2008

who are you?


One of my cats (the white one) inspects a male newcomer.


I was bored the day I shot this so I decided to take out my uncle's old lens, the Nikkor AF-D 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 from the film days, fixed it on my D80, and just walked around the house looking for things to shoot.

As it is, a couple of male cats from who-knows-where have been hanging around my home lately (and getting into frequent fights with my cats.. territorial dispute I'd guess), and the grey cat in the photo above is the less shy and less aggressive of the two (unwanted) visitors.

Needless to say, I'm pretty impressed by what this old lens can do, granted the lighting was really good at the time and I did sharpen the picture a bit; but only a bit mind you, even less than what I usually apply.

Well the bokeh isn't exactly creamy, I know. It's not exactly a wide aperture lens and this was shot at f/6.3 anyhow. But for such an old lens -and a cheap-o one at that- it sure offers a pretty good performance.

Hm, this has turned into a mini lens review hasn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lawa Chup!! Nice one bro. :) Its hard for me to find these type of moments around my house.

Abis2, hamster is too small and hard to "lockdown" on them in action. xD

Safwan said...

Thanks~ Hehe..

Kalau kan gambar hamster, mun mau sanang, masukkan saja dalam aquarium if u have one. Without the water lah of course. ^^ Might wanna decorate it first to make the aquarium less obvious. :)