Dec 5, 2007

bsb at night

About the photo:
Bandar Seri Begawan at night. This would've looked more impressive if the waters were calmer and we had a skyscraper or ten. :)

Photo aside, I've got an announcement to make. I'll be away on vacation to Indonesia (specifically Jakarta) for about two weeks. I doubt I'll have internet access there and even if I do, there's no Photoshop for me to work on my photos. So yeah, I'll be absent for two weeks starting tonight.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch some interesting shots while I'm there. It all depends on how willing the other members of my family are to go visit interesting places rather than just shop 'till they drop.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ShedZster said...

Maybe it needed for spot lights or office lights to even show that there's water infront of it.

Sometimes we lack of road lights XD

Oh yeah, I was wondering, how to capture stars? It would be a beautiful effect if stars were able to show. Don't tell me to use a telescopic camera :P

Safwan said...

Reflections on water look better on calm water.

As for stars, balum ku try plg, tapi ada certain conditions you need to meet first I think. The sky needs to be very clear for one. Clouds will spoil the picture when they move on a long exposure. You also need to avoid other sources of light as much as possible. That includes streetlights and even the moon itself.

Exposure times would need to be quite long in order to capture the light from the stars.

If you want that rotating star effect, that would require ultra long exposures.. somewhere around 1 hour kali or 10x6min exposures or even longer..

Aku balum ada steady tripod yet kan mencuba this stuff.. yg ku ada masa ni wobbles easily.. no good for long exposure pics. >_< Tunggu tah bila tebali good tripod, and provided I find a good place for setting up my shot. But before that, I have other things on my to-buy list. xD