Jan 2, 2008

jakarta shopping spree

Finally an update! I'm still a bit busy processing pics for my family these days, especially since we just had a new year's barbeque celebration going on the eve of the new year. Naturally, I became the de-facto photographer.

Anyway, if you're a Bruneian traveling to Jakarta, there is really only one thing you can do: shop. My two weeks plus trip to Jakarta turned out as I expected; most of the days were spent shopping and only two or three days were dedicated to sightseeing. Well no use crying over spilt milk.

Apart from family photos, I didn't get much chance to take photos worth putting up on this blog. But I'll share whatever I have over the course of the next few days anyway.

About the photo:
This particular shopping mall is called Taman Anggerek Mall. Quite a big place, much bigger than The Mall here in Brunei, but not the biggest there is over there. If you look carefully, there's even an ice skating rink in the upper floors - also much larger than what we have here. Christmas shopping season is, as you can see, in full swing in shopping malls across the city.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

muNtui said...

lawa jua mall nya atu.. XD

ShedZster said...

Sweet~......mana sepet nya? XD

Safwan said...

Hehe mall d sana ada utk pelbagai social class. There're some for the lower-class people. The middle-class people have theirs too. And then there are those for the super rich. ^^"

Taman Anggerek yg d gambar ni kira upper/middle-class category lah kali.

Grand Indonesia was the largest mall I came across during my time there. Jln from end to end on just one floor sudah sangal.. mcm Sa'ie rasanya bila all floors kan d lawati. Sayang ganya time atu the mall balum lama buka usulnya so a lot of shops were still in construction.

As for sepets, I only look at female sepets.. sorry~

Anonymous said...

i miss taman anggerek so much! i miss skating around the ice rink

Safwan said...

Hehe yeah the shopping centres there are really something.. especially when compared to lil' ol' Brunei~ ;)

...but the traffic jams really make me hesitate to visit Jakarta again anytime soon! Haha!