Dec 1, 2007

mosque

The Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque is a well known landmark in Brunei, and as is the case with all famous landmarks, in Brunei or otherwise, they have all been photographed to death; thus leaving little room for originality.

Being someone who likes to take photos of sceneries, however, I couldn't resist the temptation to at least try and tackle this particular subject matter at least once. So here you have it, my take on the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque. I hope it's at least halfway original.

About the photo:
I took two shots and combined them into an HDR image via Photoshop. Then I applied Thomas Niemann's Tones (taken from Action Central) and played around with the colors a bit until I got something I liked.

As far as colors go, I suppose this is my first heavily processed image that I'm publishing (although I do have some more on my hard disk). Sometimes out-of-camera pics do get boring and mucking around in Photoshop can yield interesting pictures once in a while.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

ShedZster said...

Lol! Mesti most shutterbuggers will shot the SOAS mosque. Here's a link that you can look at too

http://husinb.multiply.com/photos/album/18/The_Mosque

/salute on the photoshop. Clean~

Safwan said...

Nda sah jadi scenery photographer kalau alum ambil gambar masjid SOAS xD

muNtui said...

masjid jame asr baru lawa.. XD

Safwan said...

Sabar~ Lambat laun ada tu ku ke sana xD

ShedZster said...

Baik tah gambar semua masjid and surau di Negara Brunei Darussalam XD

Safwan said...

Ces malas tah ku jua tu~