Nov 23, 2007

chasing sunsets

Chasing sunsets (and sunrises for that matter) requires patience, especially in a country such as Brunei where clouds can come out of nowhere ready to pour rain and spoiling your envisioned picture.

I went out to Serasa beach again today but the trip was wasted because as soon as I arrived thick clouds were practically everywhere and not long after it started drizzling. So I gave up for the day, and on the way home stopped by a restaurant to grab a bite.

Turns out when I came out from the restaurant the western sky was awash with colors; blues, reds, purples, oranges.. just the makings of a perfect sunset. Pity I was no longer in a good position to take a good picture. I guess I gave up too soon.

About the photo:
A cluster of trees visible from my house during sunset. Never underestimate that sight you've seen a thousand times already. What might be a normally bland sight most hours of the day might just turn out to be something special for a few precious minutes or even seconds when the time and conditions are right. Just goes to show you don't have to go far to get a good shot.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: